Good Protein Food Sources That Increases Metabolism

Good Protein Food Sources That Increases Metabolism

By | January 3, 2017

Foods that have a high protein content can help improve your current metabolic rate so you will burn calories more efficiently. If your metabolism is out of shape due to neglect or poor eating habits, you can start consuming good sources of high-protein foods to remedy the problem. There are plenty of high-protein food sources to choose from, so you can spread your protein intake

Why Protein is good for you
Foods with high protein content have essential amino acids that your body needs for healthy growth, protein affects the growth of your organs, skin, hair, nails and muscles. Getting the right amount of protein can improve your overall health, but an absence of necessary protein or too much protein can have negative effects on your body. When you eat too many proteins, you can collect ketones in the system, thereby forcing the liver and kidneys to work overtime to filter system.


You will want to integrate at least a high-protein food source for each meal of the day, as well as all the snacks you consume. By integrating a good source of protein at every meal, you will be able to meet the demands of your body and your energy levels will increase sharply. In addition, because it takes far more calories to digest high-protein food, you will be using 25 percent more energy just to burn up the food you eat.

How much to consume
According to Board Food and Nutrition from the Institute of Medicine, a child should have a protein intake equivalent to 5 percent to 30 percent of their total caloric intake. Adults should have 35 percent of their caloric intake which consists of proteins. Proteins can be derived from a variety of natural foods, and some athletes choose protein supplements for extra energy when strength training. You must determine the appropriate calorie intake to determine the number of grams of protein you need.


Use a calorie calculator to figure out the correct calorie intake for someone your age, height and weight. Multiply your calorie intake by 0.35 to get the percentage of calories that you consume should consist of protein. Once you have the total, divide it by four, because each gram of protein equals four calories. For example, if you find that you need to consume 2,000 calories a day, equivalent to 35 percent of calorie intake 700 calories. The total, 700, divided by 4, equivalent to 175 grams of protein you should eat each day for optimum health

Beans
Beans of all varieties are a wonderful source of protein ,. Fava beans contain just more than eight grams of natural proteins for each cup consumed, kidney beans, either cooked or raw, has 3.67 grams of protein per cup, fresh lima beans, when raw, has 10.67 grams of protein per cup, and a cup of raw mung beans contains 3.13 grams of protein per cup. Beans are also an excellent food source because they are low in calorie content, vitamin enriched, is fat-free and are a great source of fiber, too. Eat at least one serving beans will someday increase protein consumption, and will further improve your health.

Seeds and nuts
Want a snack that is super high in protein? Start consuming seeds and nuts instead of sweets. For example, a simple cup whole almonds 30.4 grams of protein, a cup of whole cashews contains 20.16 grams of protein, and a cup of chopped walnuts have more than 29 grams of protein per serving. Flaxseeds provide 30.22 grams of protein per cup, and sunflower seeds have 32. 79 grams of protein for each cup consumed. You can add nuts and seeds to a variety of foods for extra flavor and to easily increase protein values.

Meat and other protein alternatives
Of course, eggs are a popular source of protein. Egg when either scrambled or hard boiled offers the most protein, scrambled eggs has 24.40 grams of protein per cup, and hard boiled eggs has 6.29 grams of protein per egg. Three grams of roasted pork will supply you with 21.5 grams of protein, and fish such as haddock and carp are also loaded with protein. A single fillet of haddock has more than 36 grams of protein per serving, and a filet of carp have more than 38 grams of essential proteins. There are plenty of high-protein foods for you to consume to diversify the diet and to get all the protein you need to increase your metabolism quickly.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *